Phil and Chris

Phil and Chris

Saturday 17 December 2011

Travelling update

We're getting warmer!  Pretty soon I can shem my winter coat.

We've travelled through Ohio and Kentucky since my last posting and visited the USAF museum in Dayton, Ohio which was great...huge and very interesting.

Next we went to Frankfurt, Kentucky to see another military museum.  Next we toured the Buffalo Trace Bourbon distillary which is the oldest continuously operating distillary in the country.  They sold bourbon for medicinal pourposes during the prohibition.

We then headed west to Elizabethtown and visited the general Patton Museum up at Fort Knox, which is also where West Point military academy is located.  After a few days there we went to the Land between the Lakes National Recreation area which was a great spot to camp and do some hiking. 

I'll get some photos organized and do another post when I finish all this bourbon...

No comments:

Post a Comment