Phil and Chris

Phil and Chris

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Route 66, a blast from the past

We've been in Albuquerque, New Mexico for a few days avoiding snowstorms to the west.  This has to be on of the most interesting RV parks we've stayed at...they have collected all sorts of Route 66 memorabilia and I had a good look around.

A 1950 Hudson and trailer.
 Buster sized camper, don't I look at home here?
Phil and Chris always point me in the direction of the laundry and look what we have here!  An old wringer washer.  They said to be careful lest I get my fur caught and end up pancaked.
 While clothes washed I played some pool.
 How about this gear from a salon?  Perhaps I can get my whole little self washed, set and dried.
Here is an interesting item.  This was originally in a silent movie theatre and it provided all the sounds and special effects for the old movies...drums, bells, whistles, horns and more.
 Also from the old theatre, this Wurlitzer organ which is being moderized and restored.  We even got to play it.
 The storm has moved east and we are ready to hit the old Route 66 once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment